YOG WITH AYUSH
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER
TRAINING IN INDIA
By Ayush Jha (Advanced Yoga Teacher)
27 Days | Beginner – Intermediate
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in India is a comprehensive program that is designed to certify individuals as yoga teachers. This is an important step for individuals who want to become yoga teachers and share their knowledge and passion for yoga with others. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of yoga and how to effectively teach them to students of different levels and abilities. It covers important topics such as anatomy and physiology, yoga philosophy and history, teaching methodology, and ethics. Additionally, the yoga course offers hands-on experience through practicum and teaching opportunities for Yoga schools/studios/centres and a good way to validate your skills and knowledge as a yoga teacher. Overview of 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in India is a residential, comprehensive program that covers various basic and intermediate aspects of yoga and equips participants with the knowledge and practices, and skills to become a certified yoga teachers and is known for its spiritual significance and being the home to many renowned yoga schools, yoga branches, trainers, teachers, masters, and gurus.
The yoga teacher training in essentially includes:
• Asanas (Yoga Postures): Yoga participants learn how to properly align and perform various yoga postures, as well as how to modify and adjust them for different levels of students.
• Pranayama (Breathing Techniques): Participants learn different breathing techniques to help with focus, relaxation, and overall well-being.
• Meditation Techniques: Participants learn various forms of meditation and how to integrate them into their practice and teaching.
• Relaxation & Yoga Nidra: Students learn the various forms of relaxation and preparatory exercises of Yoga Nidra and how to integrate them into their personal learning and teaching.
• Yoga Philosophy: Participants study the history and principles of yoga, including the 8-limbed path of yoga as described in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
• Yoga Teaching Methodology: Participants learn how to effectively teach yoga to students, including how to create and plan classes, how to use verbal cues and adjustments, and how to create a safe and inclusive environment for students.
• Practical Teaching Experience: Participants practice teaching in small groups and receive feedback from their instructors to help
them improve their teaching skills.
• Yoga Ethics: Participants learn about the ethical principles of being a yoga teacher and how to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
The training also includes daily yoga practice, and upon completion of the training. Additionally, Yoga TTC includes additional elements such as Ayurveda, Karma Yoga, and Chanting which are considered integral parts of traditional Indian Yoga.
The 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in India at YOG WITH AYUSH is held over a period of 27 days and 26 nights. The training days out a strong foundation for holistically deepening the understanding and practices of yoga. Yoga has become popular in this modern age for its physical practices (“asana”) and another aspect that is an essential part of yoga has been largely looked over. In our TTC, we make sure to integrate well-rounded studies of yoga and bring spirituality into the teachings and practices to support the personal and spiritual growth of our students. The curriculum covers the fundamental elements of yoga based on essential subjects consisting of pranayama, shat kriya, asana practices, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, relaxation (Yoga Nidra), and meditation. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga styles of asana. Students will go through 6 days of training with 1 rest day per week. Accommodations, meals, and excursions during the training are included in the course fee as mentioned in more detail below.
Language of Instruction:
200 Hours Yoga TTC is suitable for those who...
• Are interested in a balanced lifestyle and holistic approach to health in both body and mind.
• Are interested in self-discovery through yoga philosophy, meditation, and its practices.
• Want to deepen their understanding and practice in structured yoga training after years of casual studies and practices.
• Want to build a solid foundation in yoga, not only in asana, but its philosophy and other essential practices, as a base to deepen their future practices and studies of yoga.
• Aspire to share their experiences as internationally recognized yoga teachers.
Course Completion Requirements Students are required to complete and meet the following criterias during the course:
• Weekly Assignments
• Final Teaching Exam
• Final Written Exam
• Required 100% attendance
• No violation of the Code of Conduct and School Policy